Season Is Over…What Should You Be Doing?
With the beginning of April quickly approaching, many South Florida visitors head back to the north east for the summer months. There are several items that every home owner should address before leaving. We at Keeper Management will help remind you of some of the most important ones!
- Unplug small appliances – items such as toasters and coffee machines can slowly drain energy adding to your electric bill while you are away.
- Install trickle chargers to automobiles – a trickle chargers slowly adds charge to a battery and doesn’t allow for normal depletion of the battery. Replacing a battery on a luxury can be a costly repair and is easily avoidable.
- Ensure all smoke detectors are working properly – we recommend replacing all batteries before leaving for an extended period of time.
- Check pantry and refrigerator for perishable items
- Check/empty all trash bins indoor and outdoor – forgetting this easy one simply…stinks!
- Set air conditioner to 75 – it is important to remember not to turn off your A/C unit completely. Humidity in areas such as Palm Beach County is extreme in the summer months and can cause a buildup of mold. We encourage our clients to use products such as DampRid to absorb excess moisture from the air inside your home. Find out where they can be purchased HERE.
- Check on your home insurance policy – make that simple phone call to make sure your insurance policy is up to date.
- Lastly, hire us as your Palm Beach house management company!
Forgetting some of these simple items could end up costing you thousands of dollars in repairs and leave you stressed out the next time you visit your vacation home. Trust Keeper Estate Management with your Palm Beach home.
Call Keeper Estate Management today for a free in home estimate 845.406.2954